Update

• Last Post 30 June 2016
YodasMyDad posted this 03 July 2015

Sorry for being queit on here, I am snowed under with work and business stuff recently. I am going to make a concerted effort over the next month to get v1.7 out. This will be to do the following

- Go through all GitHub Issues
- Fix other minor bugs I have found and have been raised
- Completely refactor the repository layer to take in a permissionSet
- Improve EF queries and general performance
- Update Nuget dependancies
- Add some new features (Minor ones for this release)
- Add auto Nuget package creator

I'll get what I can done in that time. I do also want to look at changing the DB structure so the tables are all prefixed with forum and it's done properly via code first.

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Munzo posted this 03 July 2015

Thanks, really appreciate all your work on this extremely impressive product.

• Liked by
  • YodasMyDad
YodasMyDad posted this 07 August 2015

As you may see (And apologies if this causes confusion) I have changed the forum url and also the topic urls. This forum is now running v1.7 and there were some breaking url changes (For the better). 

Richard Cloete posted this 07 August 2015

Awsome, I can't wait! 

I am snowed under with work and business stuff recently

That's a good thing!

I have changed the forum url and also the topic urls. 

Cool, but you should update the Google Redirect URI's via the Google Console - We can't logon via Google at the moment ;)

-Rich C 

YodasMyDad posted this 07 August 2015

Strangely I have updated Google... Which is weird :/

YodasMyDad posted this 15 August 2015

You can keep an eye on all the upcoming changes in the v1.7 branch

https://github.com/leen3o/mvcforum/tree/v1.7

• Liked by
  • Rich C
Rich C posted this 16 August 2015

You can keep an eye on all the upcoming changes in the v1.7 branch

https://github.com/leen3o/mvcforum/tree/v1.7

I am! ;)

YodasMyDad posted this 18 August 2015

It looks like it will be a couple more weeks before I'll be able to release 1.7 - I'm trying to get in as much as possible and fixing any bugs I find along the way.

• Liked by
  • Rich C
  • Danny A
YodasMyDad posted this 28 August 2015

Upgraded this forum to the latest v1.7, let me know if you see any issues - New badges added too.

• Liked by
  • Rich C
  • Danny A
Munzo posted this 28 August 2015

Looking good...

I just noticed that when trying to unsubscribe from a category, it doesn't unsubscribe and gives an error:

Error: 500 Internal Server Error

Not sure whether this was an existing bug or not.

• Liked by
  • YodasMyDad

Great spot thanks. That's now fixed.

• Liked by
  • Danny A
Munzo posted this 28 August 2015

Not sure if this is intentional or not, but with the css changes, when viewing a thread in a mobile sized window the author is hidden. I don't think it should be.

• Liked by
  • YodasMyDad

Yep, it's not intentional. My final thing in Trello is to sort out the mobile styles before releasing v1.7

Please keep everything you find coming people. I'd like to try and release v1.7 next week and want to make this release as polished as I can.

• Liked by
  • Danny A
YodasMyDad posted this 06 September 2015

Well that's pretty much it, I'm just packaging everything up and getting ready to release. Please let me know ASAP if you spot anything not working.

• Liked by
  • Rich C
  • Danny A
Munzo posted this 06 September 2015

Well done! I'll check it out this evening...

One minor thing I have noticed - when adding a post on a mobile device, after clicking post, the textbox retains your post. It is not obvious and could lead you to click add post multiple times, duplicating the post.

• Liked by
  • YodasMyDad
  • Erik P. Ernst
miseeger posted this 30 June 2016

Well done! I'll check it out this evening... One minor thing I have noticed - when adding a post on a mobile device, after clicking post, the textbox retains your post. It is not obvious and could lead you to click add post multiple times, duplicating the post.

Hi,

I just encountered the same: Clicking "add post" on a mobile (smartphone) makes the text retain in the box but also doesn't really add the post ... using the latest sources from GitHub as of 2nd February 2016 (version 1.8.1).

Close