v1.6 to v1.7 Breaking changes

• Last Post 17 September 2015
  • Topic Is Solved
Rich C posted this 16 September 2015

I read on GitHub that there are some breaking changes from v1.6 to 1.7 with respect to the move to Entity Framework migrations.

Just wondering:

Is there a document somewhere describing what breaks and how to fix it? If not, no bother - I will figure it out. Just thought I'd ask before I try to fix the breaks myself.

• Liked by
  • YodasMyDad
Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes

Thanks!

So, I couldn't wait until the weekend to upgrade and have completed the upgrade process.

I have a couple of small issues, though.

This happens when trying to create a new post. The TinyMCE problem is when replying, too.

On a new database, only the upload issue persists, while the TinyMCE issue disapears. 

Any ideas?

Wesley Chih-Wei Huang posted this 17 September 2015

This happens when trying to create a new post. The TinyMCE problem is when replying, too.

On a new database, only the upload issue persists, while the TinyMCE issue disapears. 

Any ideas?

You need to add language resources for your old database.

YodasMyDad posted this 17 September 2015

When you do an upgrade, you just need to reimport the en-gb language file in the admin section. This will update any missing language strings.

What's the problem with the Upload files?

• Liked by
  • Rich C
Rich C posted this 17 September 2015

Ah right, thought it was something to do with the language resources. The upload button looks out of place and I can't see it on this forum. Also, it's only visible when creating a new post/thread, not when replying to one and so I thought that perhaps the two issues were related.

Upload files is permissions based, and it's in the correct place. If you are an admin you'll see it, but others won't see it unless it's enable on a category per category basis. When you select a category in the dropdown, it checks permissions and will show it if you have permission.

Sorry meant to say, I haven't enabled it on this forum so you won't see it on here.

Rich C posted this 17 September 2015

Right, I understand. Thanks for the help.

Close